Don’t get caught out!
With January being the mad rush for personal tax returns, it may be easy to overlook other deadlines.
Usually, any Limited company accounts dated 30th April, would due to be filed by 31st January as well. This has now been extended to 30th April 2021. However, your corporation tax must still be paid 31st January to HM Revenue & Customs. – A slightly sneaky trick, I am sure you would all agree.
Deadlines for 31st January are as follows;
- 30th April 2020 year end corporation tax payment.
- 5th April 2020 personal tax return filing.
- 5th April 2020 personal tax liability balancing payment & payment on account.
- 31st July 2020 personal tax payment on account (if the COVID deferral has been used) payment.
- 31st January 2020 year end Company House filing and HMRC CT600 filing.
In uncertain times, tax liabilites may be hard to pay, but don’t let this stop you filing them. Filed returns on time, are more likely to achieve a payment plan. https://www.gov.uk/difficulties-paying-hmrc
For more on this, or anything else, do not hesitate to give us a call or drop as an email for a free consultation.